Wednesday, December 8, 2010

NEW BOOTH

It's been at least 4 years since I have done an art show, and why? NO BOOTH!! (Left and below, my glass cases before repair and new stain and new inserts, and phase 1 of the counters.)











I decided the best way to get myself back out into the art show world was to schedule a show so I would have to build a booth for it.

It took about 2 weeks of almost constant work, more money than I expected, and several days with almost no sleep, but I made it! I built cabinets, took them apart and rebuilt them again. I took apart glass cases, stained and cleaned them, and put them back together. I created counter tops and figured out how to get them to sit properly and safely on their bases for every show. I mounted photos and signs on backer boards and sewed fabric panels to set them off.


And then, I FORGOT TO PHOTOGRAPH IT!!! So here are some of the before (above) and after (below) photos of the construction. (Left and below, cabinets are rebuilt, and given fabric inserts, and everything has a nice new coat of matching stain.)











I am really pleased with the results, although you won't get to see any of the nice colorful elements here. At the show, I added black drapes, some patterned turquoise fabric hangings to add color, and tan fabric hangings behind my photos. And nice booth and case lighting, too. But now that I'm back in the show world, I'll have to get some photos at my next show. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I want to do a show but have no booth. I am loving what you have made here. Looks great.
    Shannon C

    ReplyDelete