Monday, December 19, 2011

Crafting as a Business

Crafting As A BusinessCrafting As A Business by Wendy Rosen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I just picked up a copy of Crafting as a Business, by Wendy Rosen. It's great, different than (and an improvement on) many other craft business books. Her insight and information base is amazing. I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads.  I would have given 5 stars if it were more up to date, since this is from 1998 and there has been a huge change in the internet and internet based business and marketing since that time. Everything from show applications and photos to wholesale practices have changed due to online and digital innovations. I would love to lobby for an updated version!




Whether you are just starting out in a craft-based business, or have been working at one for quite some time, I thing the perspectives here are excellent. Many well-known and highly experienced artists share their ideas and opinions here, making it a fascinating and valuable resource.  and it was only $4.99 from Amazon!! That makes it even better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment