Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Skytop Holiday Arts Festival 2011



Skytop Lodge
Last year I came out of “show retirement” for the first time in about 5 years to show my jewelry pieces at the Holiday Arts Festival at the Skytop Lodge in northeastern PA. After being out of the loop for so long, doing a show took a lot of preparation, but it reminded me of the things I enjoy most doing shows. I like to meet the people who are interested in my work, and I like to chat with show-goers, because they tend to appreciate the same things that I do – well-made fine crafts. And of course, I really soar on all the compliments I get!

Silver Vine Jewelry at the Skytop Holiday Show
I decided to do the show again this year, and again, I put in a huge amount of pre-show preparation. I do think the booth ended up looking quite nice! It was a lovely weekend, and we had large Saturday crowds walking both the show aisles and the exquisite grounds of Skytop Lodge. It’s an impressive place, made of natural stone and timbers, set in rolling hills dotted with lakes. Fine art and craft are a perfect fit with the picturesque surroundings. It was a beautiful show, and a fabulous weekend.


 
Skytop from the air

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, the booth looks great...your hard work was well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela!! It's so good to hear that when so much work has gone into it!

    ReplyDelete